Tuesday 13 March 2012

Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)My rating: ★★★
Book: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)
Author: Suzanne Collins


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I literally just finished the book and i can not believe that The Hunger Games is over. For good. No more of it!! (this will probably take me a while to get over)


I always knew Katniss would make that final decision, i wont give any spoilers away. Those of you that have read it, know what I'm talking about.


But the ending. Am I the only one that didn't like it? I mean no, I liked the ending in the sense of what happened but I didn't like the way it was written. After 3 amazing books I expected the sort of ending that makes your heart PANG! and you just know that's the ending and its perfect. I don't know, maybe that's just me being me.


Other than that I didn't really have much else that I didn't like. The rest of the book was exactly the sort of Suzanne Collins genius we've seen before.
I'd definitely recommend the series to anyone!


Note: This was a previous review from my goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't like it. It was just the whole last chapter or so felt so empty. It was strange. I didn't feel any emotional connection to what she was saying or what happened. I feel like it was really rushed, moreso than the other books and it didn't really make you think about anything.

    ReplyDelete